Saturday, July 31, 2010

Meet My Little Friend


Everyone...meet Pontchartrain.

Lots of people thought it fitting that Pontchartrain Press takes its name as a tribute to the region, or the magnificent lake which lies therein and, to a degree, it does. But, quite simply, Pontchartrain is a cat.

She is the product of my very first children's short story, which may be found in the April 2010 archives of this site.

I know she has this nasty little smoking habit, as soooo many starlets do once they hit the big time, but so does the President. I'm putting her on the nicotine patch soon. Not to worry, she shall not end up like Ms. Lohan- I'm a responsible pet owner.

Now that you've met Pontch...toss her a little treat and rub her head for luck once in a while.

She's really quite pleased to meet you.